The Security Architect is a highly influential technical leadership role within the Mobile Digital Healthcare organization, creating and driving the business’ security strategy. Enhance your ability to communicate across all parts of the organization. As a key member of the technical staff, you will interact with all functions in the organization to drive a new vision of security and privacy into the new Mobile Digital Healthcare solution.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Define a system-wide, layered defense-in-depth, security and privacy vision, architecture, and requirements for all Mobile Digital Healthcare subsystems.
• Define common security and privacy solutions and drive reusable software components into products and systems.
• Collaborate with program teams to assess product security and privacy needs and develop remediation plans.
• Collaborate with central security and privacy teams to drive GE and GE Healthcare initiatives into products and engineering operations.
• Supports Marketing and customer inquiries and help prepare customer facing material for security and privacy.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
• Minimum of 5 years relative work experience.
• Demonstrated technical domain knowledge by being current on engineering design principles, architectures and advancements in clinical and engineering concepts and technologies.
• Proven ability to solve challenging problems and deliver timely and high quality design solutions when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands, and technical risks.
• Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology.
• Effective communication skills and boundaryless behavior—ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
• Demonstrated organizational, functional, and leadership expertise to lead a small team on a project, sub-system or platform initiative.
• Ability and willingness to travel 5-10% (both Domestic and International)
• Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
• 7 or more years of experience working in hardware, software, network, or systems design with technical depth in at least one engineering discipline.
• Experience designing of Privacy and Security solutions, including user authentication and authorization, IT systems integration (LDAP), IoT device authentication and authorization, software signing, network protocol hardening, and system hardening.
• Working knowledge of security and privacy standards, including the NIST 800 series, FIPS 140-2, and ISO 27001.
• Strong Systems Engineering experience.
• System design requirements proficiency.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Outstanding communication, facilitation and influencing skills
• High passion and energy and ability to energize others.
• Experience working with medical devices.
• Experience working with patient monitoring products.
• Experience working on global teams.
• Strong analytical, trouble-shooting skills.
• Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and learn quickly.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen to customers, build relationships, and work under pressure.
• Hands-on approach with regards to installations, upgrades, and repairs.
• Project leadership skills.
• Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and the ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
• Clear thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely.
• ·External focus: Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry/function and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment