|Manufacturing Family: Manufacturing Engineering Band: LPB
Provide leadership, planning and technical support for the introduction of processes for new product development and existing manufacturing within the MR business. Implement efforts to improve product and process quality. AME (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) is recognized as a key manufacturing technology leader within their technology domain. Interface with global counter-parts to achieve program goals and integrate global activities when necessary.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Develop new processes in support of aggressive NPI launch schedules.
• Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing advanced manufacturing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production
• Work with manufacturing leadership to identify and resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Monitor and improve productivity using Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
• Ensure early focus on manufacturability in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs.
• Drive rigor in process capability assessment, process layout, tooling and equipment development and QMS Design Transfer execution
• Drive the development of manufacturing process technology roadmap for Growth Playbook including influence of GRC activities as necessary
• Support AME initiatives with wide business impact and ensure to share best practices across the Global Supply Chain.
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Qualification & Validation. Responsible for ensuring rigor in determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance
• Drive continuous simplification of QMS methods and their applications by working with cross-functional team including Operations and Quality Assurance.
• Work with the facilities and maintenance team to implement change and ensure the required product capacity is in place before it is required by customer demand
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements
1. B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3 years’ experience or Associates Degree and 5 years’ experience or High School diploma with 7 years of experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting
2. Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and planning skills
3. Ability to work independently
4. Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
5. Ability to identify and implement Best Practices
6. Willing to work in the Waukesha campus and be located in the MR building.
1. MS/PHD in technical concentration/field
2. 7+ years industrial experience in Manufacturing Engineering
3. 6-sigma DMAIC & DFSS certified
4. 3+ years of MR experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Sourcing
5. Experiences in Process Intensive manufacturing
6. Experience developing high volume processes for cabling, harnesses, fine-gage soldering, and PCB integration.
7. Product and Process Development experience
8. Solid working knowledge of GEHC QMS procedures for GMP
9. Experienced developing tools and templates
10. Demonstrated program or project management skills
11. Demonstrated experience owning production processes / growing capability in yield and quality
12. Experience working with global teams