PCB Designer using Cadence
4-5 months contract
Role Summary/Purpose Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designers are responsible for providing printed circuit board designs for new or existing products within a business segment. They may work independently or in conjunction with Engineers. Work with PCB fabrication suppliers and Engineers to define the most cost effective product requirements.
Essential Responsibilities Duties include (but are not limited to): 1. Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions 2. Work with Engineers to capture and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing products 3. Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs 4. Establish design standards, procedures and techniques to produce high reliability products (such as Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability) 5. Verify that all drawings convey accurate information 6. Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to manufacturing 7. Perform schematic capture duties such as maintenance of parts libraries and updating schematics or drawings in an organized and timely manner 8. Work directly with different business functions and team members to meet serviceability, functional and manufacturability requirements 9. Coordinate procurement of prototype material as well as oversee the build and verification of design 10. May work on design projects that reduce the cost of the product, as well as, designing necessary equipment or fixtures that are needed during the new product development cycle or with installed base products
11. Lead and participate in engineering and general design reviews as required 12. Assist with the preparation of proposal documentation, technical data such as qualification test procedures, reports and component maintenance manuals 13. Provide technical guidance, training and coaching to less experienced Designers 14. Check design work of other engineering department members including layout, form, fit, function, materials, specification callouts, dimensioning, and other outputs as requested 15. Interact with vendors and customers on engineering
1. Associates degree in Electronics, or a technical degree from a recognized CAD training facility, and a minimum 4 years of related experience or equivalent (defined as a High School diploma/GED and a minimum of 6 years of related experience)
2. Minimum of 4 years of Computer Assisted design/drafting experience. Detailed knowledge of RF and High Speed Digital PCB Layout and highly proficient with CADENCE and similar CAD tools, as well as being able to perform design analysis
3. Demonstrated ability to independently draw conclusions from technical information
4. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
5. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
6. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
7. Ability to communicate in local language
8. Minimum of 2 years of experience working with cross functional teams
9. Experience leading design reviews
10. Experience with proposal documentation and qualification test procedures
11. Demonstrated ability to provide technical guidance, training and coaching to less experienced Designers
12. Ability to interact with vendors and customers on engineering design issues
13. Ability to meet reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
14. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information
15. Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently toward timely completion of a desired goal
1. Bachelor’s degree in Design, Drafting or a related field
2. 5 or more years of relevant RF and High Speed Digital PCB Layout design experience with CADENCE
3. 2 or more years of experience with design for manufacturability and reliability
4. Design experience with medical products, global teams, and working in a medically regulated industry
5. Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes
6. Excellent teamwork, coordination, and communication skills
7. Ability to meet aggressive schedule requirements
8. Adaptable and flexible: being open to change and able to respond to new information, workload changes or updated priorities as they present themselves.
9. Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues