MARS Solution Group (formerly MARS IT) is an award-winning organization that is committed to finding the best professional talent to meet your IT & Engineering needs.
MARS Solutions Group was incorporated by a team of highly-skilled software architects with strong business acumens. The company began and grew successfully during the recessionary years of 2008-2010, a time period when many competitors were either shunning the industry or downsizing. Continue reading...
Medical Services Scheduling Coordinator
Seeking an experienced Medical Services Scheduling Coordinator. Must have experience in an imaging, physician clinic or hospital setting. Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy is preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Completion of some college coursework is preferred.
Excellent communication and customer service skills to effectively deal with patients are required. Typing speed of 35 wpm.
- Schedules advanced imaging studies and other ancillary diagnostic hospital services using the electronic medical record (EPIC).
- Proactively call patients for scheduling outstanding orders using the Scheduling Orders Workqueues or Snapboard.
- Reviews orders prior to calling to ensure appropriateness and timing of procedure.
- Documents outcome from call to determine next step for patient.
- Schedules outpatient appointments based on priority, time availability, resources, and in accordance with scheduling guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with patients to ensure understanding of appointment logistics, procedure requirements and exam preparations, as required.
- Collects and analyzes all required demographic, insurance/financial and clinical data elements necessary to complete an accurate pre-registration for the scheduled appointment in Epic Prelude.
- Obtains insurance eligibility with third party eligibility system through real time eligibility (RTE) in Epic and resolves any coverage issues.
- Proactively work applicable pre-appointment Patient Workqueues in Epic to resolve any scheduling and registration edits.
- Exhibits exceptional communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with patients and their family, providers, staff and management to meet and exceed customer expectations per established department specific customer service and telephone etiquette expectations.
- Works as a liaison between patient, physician office, Pre-Authorization department and service area to assure scheduling occurs in a highly accurate and timely manner.
- Completes and/or scans into Epic (if applicable) all of the following required documentation accurately and completely with minimal or no needed follow-up: patient history forms, sedation paperwork, MD order forms, consent forms, etc.