IT Service Desk Representative
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates incoming calls, emails, and other client contacts in a call center environment, documenting IT incidents and requests in an automated incident tracking system.
• Use documented procedures to assist clients with solving issues related to hardware, software, networks, and peripherals.
• Use documented procedures to provide timely resolution or escalation of issues on behalf of client.
• Creates and documents incident cases and any necessary status updates with additional client contacts.
• Leverage a variety of provided support tools including knowledge base articles, remote access, etc. to accurately assess system issues and assess business impact.
• Contact clients to provide follow up on incident resolution or request completion to ensure proper and complete closure. Provide training to clients when necessary.
• Share expertise with fellow team members.
• Maintain working relationships with other IT teams, other departments, as appropriate, as partners in request fulfillment.
• Actively participate in assigned work tasks which may be short or long term in duration and help to provide better tools, process or customer service to our clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of Associates degree in IT or related field.
• Previous service desk call center environment experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft OS (7, 10) and Office Suite, IE and Chrome, basic Active Directory management, basic Microsoft Exchange administration, mobile device management -Blackberry Work/UEM administration, Remote Connectivity (air cards, VPN, VDI), Print management, computer hardware such as desktop, laptop, tablets, toughbooks.
• Preferable but not mandatory experience with Remedy Incident, Knowledge, and Change Management.
• Strong customer service skills
• Demonstrate solid verbal, listening, and written communication skills to document incidents with clear and concise details gathered during interactions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent judgement
• Accuracy in performing detailed work
• Maintain patience and reasoning under stress.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Typing and keyboarding skills.