Client based in Westborough, MA has immediate need for Technical Writer to produce technical materials and manuals. Candidates must have Quality Assurance experience and Bio-pharmaceutical Change controls and documentation.
The Technical Writer III will generate technical material and manuals. This role will compose text, organize, coordinate, and direct specifically assigned technical writing projects. Assignments will focus on preparation of technical literature that assists end users safely and effectively toward operation of a service or a particular product.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
Research, collect source data, and interview appropriate personnel to compose text for technical literature, which meets standards and procedures.
Plans, writes, and maintains systems and user support documentation efforts, including online help screens.
Create documentation methodologies, frameworks, and workflow diagrams.
Prepare documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation.
Develop and maintain user-training materials and document training curriculum.
Coordinate review of all assigned writing projects to ensure thorough documentation.
Determine expenses associated with all writing projects and document accordingly.
Provide input on other technical writing projects by critiquing, editing, and proofreading manuscripts prepared by others.
Work in cooperation with graphics and print team to coordinate illustration, page production, and printing to ensure timely completion of technical literature projects.
Able to train others as required.
1. Bachelors degree in journalism, technical communication, English, bio-medical engineering, science writing, or other related discipline or at least 6 years of experience as a technical writer
2. Minimum of five years of technical writing experience
3. Familiarity with conventions in form, structure, and notation of technical writing
4. Exceptional written, organizational, inter-personal, project management, and communication skills
5. Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
6. Wide degree of creativity
7. Highly motivated with the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to communicate using English (or local language)