Madison client has immediate long term contracting opportunity for .net web developer. Develop websites and Internet applications using the Microsoft .NET framework and related development technologies such as ASP.NET, and a supported programming language (e.g., Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual C#). Perform various coding and programming tasks, such as design or development of Web front-end, back-end Web-based applications, and Web/Internet services. May involve coding and integration of text, graphics, sound, and/or video. Career-Development position within field. Requires moderate skill sets and developing proficiency within discipline. Conducts tasks and assignments as directed. Works with moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires four to five years experience or equivalent education. Must have experience with eGrants software.
- Design, analyze, develop, modify and test .NET applications.
- Work with business units in resolving issues found during system testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Work with business units and staff in researching and resolving issues identified in production.
- Perform research as requested in an effort to supply answers to technical questions submitted by business units and Management.
- Estimate, manage and track activities to a timeline.
- Work with Management to recommend and incorporate industry standards and best practices.
- Lead development tasks required as part of .NET upgrade efforts.
- Perform .NET system documentation to include but not limited to:
- architectural/design documentation
- technical documentation
- operational documentation
- Perform other tasks, assignments and responsibilities as directed.
Nice to have requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical discipline (may be substituted with a combination of education and comparable work experience).
- Experience with maintaining and support eGrants software.
- In-depth knowledge of the architecture, design and database of the eGrants software.
- Experience with back-end/database programming using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher including DDL/DML, stored procedures, triggers.
- Well-developed communication and customer service skills, including active listening.
- Strong analysis skills. Experience with business process analysis, including requirements gathering and development of functional and technical specifications.
- Advanced interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with peers, internal, and external customers.
- Strong troubleshooting and issue resolution skills.
- Knowledge of web architectures, security, technologies and development strategies for scalable enterprise applications.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Knowledge of GUI and web interface design techniques.
- Ability to perform research, perform queries and data analysis, review code and review technical documentation to effectively provide meaningful responses to customer queries and request for information.
- Ability to reasonably estimate work effort for various projects and assignments, including instances where there is short notice and/or minimal information is available.
- Ability to draft and maintain clear documentation.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a team, with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work on site in Madison, WI 100% of the time.
- Ability to be available outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Experience with Wisconsin Government or similar organizations, preferably on large scale, complex technology-oriented projects.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server.