MARS Solution Group (formerly MARS IT) is an award-winning organization that is committed to finding the best professional talent to meet your IT & Engineering needs.
MARS Solutions Group was incorporated by a team of highly-skilled software architects with strong business acumens. The company began and grew successfully during the recessionary years of 2008-2010, a time period when many competitors were either shunning the industry or downsizing. Continue reading...
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
- Work with leadership and developments teams in making recommendations on DevOps practices
- Manage all servers involved with automating the delivery and testing of coding changes
- Support and maintain the production automated scripts that deploy and test applications
- Design solutions for automating software deployment and configuration management
- Create and maintain documentation of design, configuration, and processes.
- Assist with installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Linux and Microsoft server software
- Follow procedures for network security, administration, usage and business recovery
- Support and maintaining web servers and associated operating systems, including Linux and Apache
- Special projects and duties as assigned
- Associate degree and/or equivalent related work experience
- Experience with scripting or development languages including BASH, PHP, or JAVA
- Experience with maintaining web servers and associated operating systems, including Apache and Linux
- Knowledge of open source tools such as Jenkins, Ansible/Puppet, and Nexus
- Experience with source code management tools such as GIT, Aldon, and SVN
- Knowledge of network and system security best practices
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies, processes, and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effective prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, small power tools and miscellaneous office equipment
- Work hours average 40-45 per week with occasional nights and weekends to meet project deadlines
- General office working conditions which may require sitting for extended periods of time
- Infrequent lifting and transporting of objects (up to 60 lbs.) such as computers and peripherals
- National travel required <5%
Associates or better in Information Technology or related field.