Madison client has immediate need for a Java Developer.
- Design, analyze, develop, modify and test Java applications.
- Work with business units in resolving issues found during system testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Work with business units and staff in researching and resolving issues identified in production.
- Perform research as requested in an effort to supply answers to technical questions submitted by business units and management.
- Estimate, manage and track activities to a timeline.
- Work with management to recommend and incorporate industry standards and best practices.
- Lead development tasks required as part of Java upgrade efforts (for example spring upgrades, hibernate upgrades, etc.)
- Perform Java system documentation to include but not limited to:
- architectural/design documentation
- technical documentation
- operational documentation
- Perform other tasks, assignments and responsibilities as directed.
Nice to have requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical discipline (may be substituted with a combination of education and comparable work experience).
- Experience with
- Experience with back-end/database programming using Oracle 10g or higher including DDL/DML, stored procedures, triggers.
- Experience with back-end/database programming using DB2 10 or higher including DDL/DML, stored procedures, triggers.
- Well-developed communication and customer service skills, including active listening.
- Strong analysis skills. Experience with business process analysis, including requirements gathering and development of functional and technical specifications (minimum of 7 years).
- Advanced interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with peers, internal, and external customers.
- Strong troubleshooting and issue resolution skills.
- In-depth knowledge of web architectures, security, technologies and development strategies for scalable enterprise applications.
- Knowledge of GUI and web interface design techniques.
- Ability to perform research, perform queries and data analysis, review code and review technical documentation to effectively provide meaningful responses to customer queries and request for information.
- Ability to reasonably estimate work effort for various projects and assignments, including instances where there is short notice and/or minimal information is available.
- Ability to draft and maintain clear documentation.
- Experience promoting and defining development standards.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be available outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Experience working with organizations on large scale, complex technology-oriented projects.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server.