MARS Solutions is growing and is looking to add a Senior ETL Developer/Architect to their Data Solutions team.
ETL architect will have proven top flight experience working with one or many of the mainstream ETL tools like Informatica and Datastage.
Responsible for working closely with the Data Architects, Data Analysts and Report Development teams to produce ETL solutions in support of data warehousing and data management that follow industry best practices and company standards. Will manage ETL tools and responsibilities will also include guidance on infrastructure, upgrades, and day to day operational support.
The role will cover full systems development life cycle (SDLC) phases including requirements analysis, system design, development, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and post-implementation support.
- Assess ETL requirements, define ETL strategy and technical architecture that supports the creation of databases, table spaces, tables, indexes, triggers, procedures, and other database objects.
- Extract data from multiple operational sources for loading staging area, Data warehouse, Data Marts using SCD’s (Type 1/Type 2/ Type 3) loads
- Design customized ETL solutions to support the transition and optimization of data transfers between internal source databases to data warehouse, based on specific Business requirements.
- Implements, and maintains best practices. Implement changes and provide post-implementation user support and system support.
- Develop and apply advanced research techniques in the investigation and resolution of highly complex compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Communicate major and minor software upgrades and coordinate testing activities with project teams.
- Collaborate with business/data analysts, data architects, developers, database administrators to create conceptual, logical, and physical data models for Business Intelligence reporting databases.
- Advises development team on design factors that impact storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects. Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Demonstrate solid organizational and time management skills with ability to perform detailed tasks with high degree of accuracy and work and perform under pressure.
- Document project specific processes and data flows, data dependencies, data definitions and relevant business rules. Establish data dictionaries to support the buildout of a data governance infrastructure.
- Leverage industry best practices in establishing repeatable BI practices, principles & processes
Master’s or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field with programming coursework or equivalent database development experience.
10+ years of experience as an Informatica ETL admin/architect or DataStage Admin/Architect, with exposure to developing advanced ETL transformations supporting the creation of Business Intelligence data warehouses
5+ years of experience with the design, installation, configuration, and administration of Informatica PowerCenter v9.6.1 or higher, preferably supporting multiple environments with multiple servers on multiple platforms.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.