Quality Assurance Analyst
This Quality Assurance Analyst position will serve as our Syndromic Surveillance Onboarding Specialist, performing functions in support of public health data management and surveillance efforts. Public health surveillance refers to the collection, analysis, and use of data to target public health prevention and, is the foundation of public health practice. Initially, this position will support our capability to electronically receive data from certified electronic health record (EHR) technology or CEHRT, including data meeting the applicable EHR Incentive Program Meaningful Use standards and specifications for Syndromic Surveillance. As time and funding permit, this resource will also perform similar functions for electronic case reporting and other projects, as assigned.
This contracted resource will:
• Identify and apply best practices for prioritizing and completing onboarding processes, which include testing and validating prior to ongoing submission of production ambulatory syndromic surveillance data from CEHRT, with eligible providers and hospitals.
• Ensure creation and maintenance of technical specifications for onboarding, manage the onboarding queue, and communicate effectively with eligible providers and hospitals.
• Develop and maintain appropriate technical procedures, methodologies, metrics, checklists, and standards to support electronic transmission and receipt of health data from eligible providers and hospitals.
• Assure ongoing data connections between eligible providers and hospitals, the Wisconsin Health Information Exchange and/or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) BioSense Platform are maintained.
• Support the maintenance of existing provider data connections as providers switch electronic medical record (EMR) systems or when organizational mergers and splits result in the need to support changes to the data transmission feed.
• Evaluate program output and reports for accuracy and policies and procedures for quality.
• Work collaboratively with other team members, health data surveillance staff, other Meaningful Use registry staff, preparedness staff, and Bureau of Communicable Disease staff to ensure alignment with program goals and objectives.
Client is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst with 4-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to Public Health Meaningful Use objectives and measures established for the EHR Incentive Program, which includes the public health reporting objective and measures, is strongly preferred. In addition, a technical understanding of Health Information Technology (HIT) and electronic health information exchange, certified EHR technology and related data transport methods and protocols, including routing of messages to public health, are highly desired.